The inaugural Doors Open Rhode Island Festival will provide free, special access to 20+ places across Providence on Saturday, September 23 (10am-6pm). Visitors will build their own explorations of participating venues, each activated with programming and interpretation. What kind of places? Here’s a taste of what to expect:
- Experience Victorian splendor inside Barnaby’s Castle
- Tour the Box Office, one of the largest shipping container buildings in the country
- Walk the upper floors of the Providence Arcade, the oldest indoor shopping mall in the country and now a model for micro-living
- Walk through the vault door of Hudson Furs that once protected the belongings of the notorious Raymond Patriarca and his associates, and learn about the largest heist in local history
- Climb up inside the giant green dome above Beneficent Congregational Church and see graffiti that dates back 100+ years
Full site listing and more details will be made available in early August 2017.